HOME
Personal Charts: Top Songs | Top Recurrent Songs | Top Albums  
Follow TheTMJCharts on Twitter iTunes: Daily Global Songs | Daily Global Albums  
LEFT ALONE
THE BEAUTIFUL ONES
TRUTH SERUM

Oct 12, 2010

Weezer to Release a Real Compilation Album

More artists should take note. If you really want to release a compilation album, one full of unreleased material is the way to go. I don't even care if some of the songs included are twenty years old but a disc with rarities or 'B-Sides' is a real collectors' dream and a "new" album to the rest of the mortals. Weezer is about to do just that with Death To False Metal, a ten-track set of unreleased material spanning from over the band's past two decades in music.

Frontman Rivers Cuomo (yes, the same guy featured in B.o.B's hit song Magic), says the collection features "great songs, great recordings, but for some reason they didn’t make the final cut for a record". And have you checked the cover art? Pitchfork seems to hate it, but I think it's a total winner! I really do.

Now only if you're a hardcore Weezer fan you'd immediately jump on bragging about the tracklist. Since I'm not, I just think that a cover of Toni Braxton's 1996 mega-power-ballad Un-Break My Heart, is worth giving it a try. Maybe for a couple laughs or who knows....

Take a peak at Death To False Metal's tracklist:

1. Turning Up The Radio
2. I Don't Want Your Loving
3. Blowin' My Stack
4. Losing My Mind
5. Everyone
6. I'm A Robot
7. Trampoline
8. Odd Couple
9. Autopilot
10. Un-Break My Heart

No comments: